Forehead wrinkles are horizontal fine lines on the forehead that become more prominent with age. They appear when raising your eyebrows or being expressive and can deepen over time. They are an inevitable and normal part of ageing, but with an anti-ageing skincare routine and lifestyle changes, the appearance of forehead wrinkles can be improved.
Read on to explore what causes forehead wrinkles, how to get of forehead wrinkles and the best cream for wrinkles on the forehead.
WHAT CAUSES FOREHEAD WRINKLES?
Forehead wrinkles are caused by several factors, including excessive sun exposure, ageing and genetics. The main cause of these fine lines, however, is the repetitive movement of the frontalis muscle on the forehead when making facial expressions. Paired with the natural depletion of collagen and elastin levels in the skin, these fine lines deepen with age.
HOW TO PREVENT FOREHEAD WRINKLES
Changes in lifestyle habits can help to prevent the deepening of forehead wrinkles and delay the formation of new lines.
- Follow an anti-ageing routine and incorporate active ingredients like retinoids and hyaluronic acid into your regimen to keep skin looking younger for longer.
- Protect skin from harmful UV rays and apply SPF daily, as UV rays break down the collagen in the skin, often causing premature ageing and dark spots.
- Wear sunglasses when outdoors to avoid squinting and frowning, two facial expressions that contribute to the appearance of forehead wrinkles.
- Sleep for 7-9 hours a night to support the skin’s natural overnight renewal process.
- Stay hydrated with a rich diet in antioxidants to hydrate and nourish the skin from the inside out.
HOW TO GET RID OF FOREHEAD WRINKLES
To reduce the appearance of forehead wrinkles, it’s important to maintain healthy beauty habits.
STEP 1: EXFOLIATE WITH A PEELING SOLUTION
By gently sloughing away the skin’s surface layer, exfoliation supports the skin’s natural renewal process, revealing the smoother and brighter-looking skin beneath.
The Filorga OXYGEN-PEEL Micro Peeling Lotion is a peeling solution that gently exfoliates the skin to smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the forehead. It’s formulated with 6 acids that work to dissolve the bonds between the top surface cells on the skin, helping to buff away dead skin cells and smooth pores for a refreshed look.
Apply with a cotton pad in the evening after cleansing the skin. Always use SPF the following day, as exfoliation with acids can cause sensitivity to sunlight.